The following milestones provide an overview of what the PCI Security Standards Council has planned for 2010 and what changes to expect along the way:
* November 2009-April 2010: DSS and PA-DSS feedback review process.
* March: Council shares summary of feedback with market.
* Late April: New PIN transaction security (PTS) standard released (formerly PIN Entry Device (PED) Standard).
* Spring: Council shares framework on emerging technologies, and the first piece of guidance.
* Early summer: Summary of proposed changes to the DSS provided to participating organizations and market.
* May-September: New version/revision and final review.
* September 21-23: 2010 US community meeting in Orlando.
* October 18-20: 2010 European community meeting in Barcelona.
* October 2010: Next iteration of both PCI DSS and PA DSS released to public.